Thanks to those of you who attended the meeting on Thursday, January 11th. If you missed the meeting, see Dr. Lake’s email follow-up for details about what we discussed.
SAVE THE DATES for Spring 2018 (we can’t wait!)
Meanwhile, follow us on Twitter: @wrightreaders
- Thursday, January 11th 4:30pm (4th floor of Millett): The first meeting of the semester with updates about our planned Fundraiser/Networking event, upcoming social activity, how to apply for a mini grant to cover cost of membership, and more! There will be free food and, of course: a raffle.
- Friday, February 9th 3:30pm (4th floor of Millett): Open Auditions for Performance Time at Fundraiser and Professional Networking Event
- Thursday, February 15th 7:00pm: Fundraiser and Professional Networking Event at Wiley’s Comedy Club!
- Friday, March 9th 3:30pm-4:30pm (4th floor of Millett): Friday Afternoon Club
- Thursday, April 5th-Friday, April 6th: Visit from poet and critic Thomas Heiss
- Friday April 20th 3:30pm (4th floor of Millett): Grand Opening of our Little Free Library and Official Induction Ceremony
Alpha Upsilon Tau is Wright State University’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta. Sigma Tau Delta was founded in 1924 in order to confer distinction to those students who had high achievements in English language, literatures, and writings as well as to foster literacy and all aspects of the discipline of English. With over 850 chapters in colleges and universities across the U.S. and abroad, Sigma Tau Delta is the most active honors organization in our field and one of the largest members of the Association of College Honors Society.
Membership is prestigious and there are many benefits for students who are affiliated with Sigma Tau delta: thousands of dollars in scholarship and award opportunities, regional and national conferences, and internship and publication possibilities. Students selected to present at Sigma Tau Delta’s annual spring convention also have the opportunity to attend presentations and workshops held by authors such as Neil Gaiman, Ursula Le Guin, and Natasha Tretheway, to name just a few.